Wow.

That's all I can think as I write my very first blog post. I have a lengthy experience with physical journals, so this is a different dynamic for me. I got my very first journal from a book fair when I was ten. Looking back now, I had no business writing the things I was writing, which is probably why my dad found it and threw it in the trash. Yup... pretty dramatic. But one thing for certain were my feelings. The fellow pisces in me had so much emotions poured into those pages, and no one to share those thoughts with. I did have my older sister, but with only two years in between us, I didn't think she had the wisdom I needed at the time. Growing up in a traditional Caribbean household didn't give me the most open outlet for my feelings. My parents were taught that little girls must be seen, and not heard. Thus, my opinions stayed right in that little noggin of mine.

14 years and three more journals later, my voice has been heard loud and clear. I've found many ways to express my thoughts and opinions. Whether it be a long conversation with a close friend, or reading some of my favorite bloggers for insight, I have found lots of resources for how to express myself. As of late, there's been a void that I can't seem to fill. I believe that this void comes from wanting to connect with others. Everyone has different stories and experiences, and the more stories we hear, the more wisdom we gain.

This journal is my newest outlet. I want my passages to spark conversation amongst one another. I want this journal to be a place of wisdom and insight for those who stumble across this platform. Most importantly, I want to continue to learn new things through others' stories. 

So here are just a few words that correlate to my life, that I may turn into some pretty interesting journal posts in the near future. I hope to see comments of your thoughts, as well as your own journal entries.

Twenty Four.
Magical Black Girl.
U.S/Guyana.
Nursing Student.
Music. 
Family.
Friends.
LOVE.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRIENDS

Never Undermine Your Intelligence...